I said I’d do this to write more often for the April writing challenge but only did a couple so here’s them all, written on one day in May!
1) Five ways to win my heart?! Well if you won my heart I would be dead. What sort of a competition is it??
2) I feel strongly about…having a heart that cannot be won in some sort of sick competition.
3) A book I love… Time Traveller’s Wife
4 ) Bullet my whole day…
Sunday (so far)
- Woke up man with a cup of tea
- Spoke to my cousin on the phone
- Popped to Tesco with man
- Ate pancakes made by man
- Made bread
- Spoke to my Mom on the phone
- Watched man cutting wood and banging making our new wardrobes
- Ate aforementioned bread with naughty cheese
- Sat in bed revamping blog whilst watching man work hard as above
- Wrote this post
5) Things I want to say to an ex... I quite like you because you score me 8 but Zs and Qs are better.
6) My views on mainstream music. I wrote this a few weeks ago but it’s still in my drafts. If I have published it it will be here. If not I haven’t yet.
7) Five pet peeves… Dogs that poo, dog owners that let their dogs poo, dogs that jump up on me, dogs that bark too loudly, dogs that slobber. I don’t mind other pets ; )
8) What I ate today… See here, I actually did that one.
9) How important is education? Srsly lyk sooooo important. Lol. Lmfao.
10) Put your music player on shuffle and write the first songs that play I did this too! Look here.
11) My family… consist of people who are related to one another and they are all ACE.
12) Five guys I find attractive Guys? What a funny word G U Y S. You know when you look at a word and it looks weird? Guys. Anyway. I don’t know many Guys. Guy Pearce used to be Mike in Neighbours although I preferred Brad.
13) My opinion on my body and how comfortable I am with it … My body is a temple. I am very comfortable with it as I am in bed and bed is comfortable.
14) What I wore today… Jeans, Stone Sour hoodie, knickers, socks. No bra because it is against my religion to wear one on a Sunday.
15) My zodiac/horoscope and whether it fits my personality… I am Leo. Apparently this means I am a lion. I have hair like a lion. So it must be true.
16) Something that I always think ‘what if’ about …What if i win the lottery?! I could go on this Mayhem festival cruise, that’s what! It WILL happen.
18) A problem I have had… Once I couldn’t decide whether to have a Mint Aero or a Crunchie. Tough times.
19) Five items that I lust after… Design your own Converse, RIP tickets to Download festival, tickets to Mayhem festival cruise, a new projector, a new laptop.
20) My fears…The usual, anyone I love going to heaven.
21) How I hope my future will be… happy and healthy.
22) My academics… How boring. I did GCSEs and A Levels. I didn’t go to Uni because I liked home and I worked hard in my chosen field instead of writing essays about it.
23) Something that I miss…School
25) Something I’m currently worrying about… getting this post finished before Silent Witness.
26) Things I like and dislike about myself I like my general loveliness and I dislike my teeth.
27) A quote I try to live by… A simple quote I’ve recently heard. Never give up, there’s always a way.
28) Somewhere I’d like to visit… Hampton Court Palace
29) Five weird things that I like… Scabs, peely sunburn, smooth surfaces, pygmy goats, the DALEK man on last night’s Britain’s Got Talent.
30) One thing that I am excited for… getting our new living room carpet next week.
That was a big ‘un!
Thanks for reading.
Follow me on Twitter @StaceInspire
Inspired by my friend Kathryn‘s post I’m going to try and do a few of these in April so I get a few more posts on this here site. I’m not going to do them all, or in order but maybe just pick the odd one when I feel like it. Why not do it too?
Follow me on Twitter @StaceInspire
Here’s a little update on what we’ve been up to.
Jeanette has been busy with various meetings and service user groups as well as studying hard for her Open University exams in May.
I’ve been working closely with T2A which is a project for young people (18-25) making the transition from Youth Offending Teams to adult Probation. They provide support around education, employment, housing, health, activities and other ongoing inteventions. I have been seeing young people for one to one sessions to help them around their general well being and/or drug & alcohol use. As well as giving them an opportunity to talk about their issues they have been able to benefit from EFT. Initially it is a strange concept for them but they soon understand when they feel more relaxed and are amazed with how it can reduce the intensity of their feelings to a point where they can think much more clearly about things that have been affecting them. It’s helped them for issues such as cravings for cigarettes, Alcohol and Cannabis as well as their feelings around family relationships and their future aspirations. We’re lucky to have been asked to continue this work for the forseeable future and help support more people at a difficult stage in their lives.
Today I went to Kajan‘s with T2A staff for a feedback session on the health programme some of the young people have been attending over the last couple of weeks. This included a two hour drugs awareness workshop from us and other activities and information sessions on sexual health etc.
Kajans is a social enterprise working in the community to engage young people. There was a performance of ”The Long Weekend’ which deals with hard hitting issues and the acting skills of the young performers were inspiring. We also had a tour of the building which is a renovated Victorian building in Aston. They have a Dance Studio, Kitchens for Cookery, plenty of space for larger events, training and much more.
We have a few other things in the pipeline too delivering Drug Training for staff working with young people with behavioural difficulties as well introducing EFT for Recovery into an Alcohol service and a Residential rehab.
Information on the ‘Supporting People Affected By Substance Misuse Course’ we’ll be running in conjuction with Training for People for ten days beween June and November can be found here and you can contact us for more information. We’re hoping to get a nice mix of staff from different agencies to make it an enjoyable and useful experience.
Wishing you all a sunny and happy Easter break.
Happy 1st April!
I’ve had a mad day. A rollercoaster of emotions mainly work related! Here are seven observations about my day today.
1) Although I love having my own business to work on now as well, I love my work colleagues where I train too. There’s been a lot of crap going on lately but everyone is great in their own way and I hope they can keep their chins up.
2) When the sh*t hits the fan be loyal and true. Wise up to who the snakes may be and put up your protection. I’ve no time for snakes. This is vague but relates to something that happened at work.
3) I quite like interviewing but it is hard because I’m too soft and want to say yes to everyone. Saying that, it was nice to tell the lucky ones the good news and I am looking forward to two new volunteers to play with. My existing one who is brave enough to share her story time and time again with the groups we train is a superstar.
4) JB is a star when he has time to be. He got back early today so after my crazy day he stepped up to do all the things that I am usually back early enough to do like cook a yummy dinner. Thai Red Curry. Yum.
4) My Dad needs to get a laptop so he can play on Facebook and YouTube. He would be in his element writing people random messages and looking up Rory Gallagher vids on YouTube!
5) Eastenders is such a load of sh*t!!
6) I need more time. Not in the day, maybe an extra day a week so I can see the friends & family that I love but don’t get time to see enough.
7) I will marry Noel Fielding. (He’s on Alan Carr in a bit)
Happy Easter everyone.
I hope your Good Friday tomorrow is indeed Good with a capital ‘G’.
Peace, love, empathy